New 2014 Winter Riding Gloves: Weather Protection, plus Touch
It’s about to start getting cold out there.
The only thing between you and hands that are chilled to the bone, is a good winter riding glove.
You might like good touchscreen winter gloves — built with plenty of weather protection.
Why touchscreen? Because when it freezing outside, it really sucks to take your gloves off to check messages, make a call or swipe the GPS.
Winter touchscreen motorcycle gloves are designed to keep warmth in, and keep cold, wind and wet out.
Here are tips for cold weather riding, and 2 new gloves that’ll do the trick. more
Experienced Rider Strategies For Staying Warm and Dry…
The riders who visit the Olympia Gloves Facebook page are a pretty experienced bunch. They had a lot to say when the topic of cold weather riding came up recently.
We pass along these tips:
- Zip tie on a pair of plastic bark busters to keep my fingers out of the wind. The key to comfortable riding is always preparation.
- Prep for the existing AND for conditions that may deteriorate or improve.
- Wear your gauntlets until you warm up …
- Wear Heated gear
- A good windshield, the right clothes, heated grips and lower wind deflectors
- With my hurricane proof ripstop nylon windbreaker parka, pants and gloves, I’ll be ready for anything. Just let me layer up underneath …
Do you ride until snow and ice hits the ground? What’s you best strategy for keeping warm and dry?
New for 2014: 2 NEW Winter Riding Gloves … With Touchscreen
Two of our bestselling gloves have been re-engineered for Fall/Winter 2014.
1. The NEW ALL SEASON II Glove: Warmth without bulk … plus Touchscreen.
Blocks the wind, allows your hand to breathe, adds warmth without bulk.
Good gauntlet glove for temps in the 40’s, and colder when combined with liners & heated grips. In other words, a great all-season glove for year-round riders, perfect for all but the coldest winter months.
- The thumb and index finger on both hands are touch enabled with nanotechnology for easy use of all touch screen electronics.
- Super premium drum-dyed leather
- Wind-Tex comfort liner, for windproof, water resistant and breathable comfort.
- Lightweight Thermolite insulation for warmth.
- Silicone gel anti-shock skid pad, with high abrasion-resistant surface.
- Extended length and Velcro closure for best fit.
- 3-blade shield wiper for better visibility.
- Box finger panels for comfor
- Reinforced palm and thumb and padded knuckles, for protection.
2. The NEW WEATHERKING Extra Touch: One of our warmest and most weatherproof winter gloves … ever.
- Premium drum dyed leather, for a supple feel and durability
- Gore-Tex® glove insert, for waterproof, breathable, and windproof weather protection
- Full-wrap Primaloft® insulation, for extra warmth
- Touch enabled fingertips on thumb and index finger, for precise swiping and conductivity
- Digital embossed palm and thumb patches for advanced grip and durability
- Reflective knuckle trim, for extra safety
- 3-blade shield wiper, for better vision
- Silicone gel anti-shock skid pad to absorb “vibe”, with high abrasion-resistant surface for extra protection
- Brushed tricot lining, for comfort and moisture management
- Precurved box construction fingers for comfort Double Velcro® straps for secure closure
For a comparison of 16 winter riding gloves, you may like:
Or to shop for gloves;